BCATS abstract submission is open!

Fiona Sincock fsincock at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 3 14:05:37 PDT 2008

Submissions for BCATS 2008 are now being accepted at bcats.stanford.edu!

Abstract submission deadline: October 9, 2008
Symposium date: October 25, 2008

Now in its ninth year, the Biomedical Computation at Stanford (BCATS)
Symposium provides an open, interdisciplinary forum for Stanford
students and post-docs to share their latest work in computational
biology and medicine with others from Stanford and beyond. BCATS was
originally organized to bring together and integrate the diverse work
done across Stanford in all fields related to biomedical computation;
after seven years, BCATS has become an important part of the Stanford
biomedical computation community.  This year, for the first time, we
are now accepting abstracts from researchers outside the Stanford community!

We encourage all students and post-docs conducting research in
biomedical computation (broadly conceived) to submit an abstract for
presentation at BCATS 2008.  Work presented at BCATS will be in the
form of either a 10 minute scientific talk or a poster presentations.

Possible topics include:

     * Bioinformatics, Biostatistics and Computational Biology
     * Computational Genomics and Systems Biology
     * Biomechanical Simulation, Modeling and Robotics
     * Medical Informatics
     * Structural Biology and Chemistry
     * Biomedical Imaging

Additionally, there will be awards given for the best talks and
posters, as judged by faculty members.

For more information and to submit your abstract, please check our
website: http://bcats.stanford.edu