[bioontology-support] Remarks on the Gene Regulation Ontology

Elena Beisswanger elena.beisswanger at uni-jena.de
Mon Jun 23 08:55:26 PDT 2008

Dear BioPortal team,

some month ago colleagues and me submitted the Gene Regulation Ontology
to the OBO library via the BioPoral website. It soon had been included
in the BioPortal list of ontologies available at

http://www.bioontology.org/ncbo/faces/pages/ontology_list.xhtml?_afPfm=-57d98aa8

Two remarks/questions:

1. in the moment the ontology is listed twice, once as
"Gene Regulation Ontology, OWL Full, See Remote Site, Remote" and once
as "Gene Regulation Ontology (GRO), OWL DL, 0.2, NCBO Library". What is
the reason for this duplicate entries? The first one should be deleted
since there is no OWL Full version of the GRO. The second one should be
replaced by "Gene Regulation Ontology (GRO), OWL DL, 0.3" since by now
the new version 0.3 of GRO is available (see
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Rebholz-srv/GRO/GRO_v0.3.owl)

2. trying to browse the Gene Regulation Ontology (GRO) graphically
using the 'Visualize the ontology.' button the class hierarchy is not
shown properly. But, when I download the owl file and open it in Protege
3.4 everything seems to be alright. Do you have an idea what the problem
could be? The owl file seems to be ok.

Thanks in advance for clarifying & fixing the problems!

Kind regards, Elena Beisswanger

--
Elena Beisswanger
Jena University Language and Information Engineering (JULIE) Lab