[bioontology-support] bioportal download

Thomas Loertsch loertsch.thomas at guj.de
Wed Nov 5 03:30:30 PST 2008

Hi,

I tried to check out the Bioportal software. Unfortunatley it wasn't that
easy to find a download link since it's only provided through some
Word-documents, which one has to download first. The svn-command mentioned
in the Word-document doesn't work. Or, more precisely: it does work, but the
server asks for name/password, which I can't provide. Here's a protocol from
my console:

 tl$ svn checkout https://bmir-gforge.stanford.edu/svn/bioportal_core
/Users/tl/Desktop//BioPortal2_core
Authentication realm: <https://bmir-gforge.stanford.edu:443> Document
repository
Password for 'tl':
Authentication realm: <https://bmir-gforge.stanford.edu:443> Document
repository
Username:
Password for '':
Authentication realm: <https://bmir-gforge.stanford.edu:443> Document
repository
Username: guest
Password for 'guest':
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/bioportal_core'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/bioportal_core': authorization failed
(https://bmir-gforge.stanford.edu)

Maybe I got something very wrong, maybe the download process should be
reworked a little. The software is open source, right? Is there a developer
mailinglist or forum where you could point me to?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Thomas

.
Thomas Lörtsch