[bioontology-support] BioPortal 2.0

Calixto Melean cmelean at bmi.osu.edu
Thu Sep 11 06:24:23 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am writing from The Ohio State University Biomedical Informatics
department. I have a question about BioPortal 2.0. If this should be
addressed to a different team (email) please let me know.

We¹ve deployed BioPortal 2.0 locally for research/evaluation purposes using
the guides in Gforge.

We have a LexBIG database loaded with a few ontology namespaces. We¹ve have
configured BioPortal¹s core/UI to use this database. We have verified that
BioPortal is correctly configured to use our database.

The problem is that BioPortal does not see the namespaces we load to
lexgrid. The browser shows no ontologies at all. I believe there may be some
metadata or indices that  need to be updated in BioPortal (just a guess). I
have not been able to find any documentation about this.

Basically, I believe the issue is how to tell BioPortal that a new namespace
has been loaded to the DB.

Would you please provide this information or point me in the right direction
on where to find this information?

Thank you very much,

Calixto Melean