[bioontology-support] query on new ontology

usha usha at molecularconnections.com
Thu Apr 2 01:22:43 PDT 2009

We are in the process of developing a cell line ontology which we intend to
post in Bioportal.  In this regards we require some clarification. The
ontology will be in OBO format and will have cross talk with disease
ontology and partly with the CL ontology currently available in your portal.
The idea is to have minimum overlap in building the ontology.

Kindly let us know if we need to get permission for this.  Once we update a
reasonable number of terms, we would send it for review and then proceed for
completing the project.

Also, please let us know if we could post the description of the project in
the portal now itself. We can upload the files in a few weeks time once we
are clear on the points mentioned above.

Thanks
Dr. Usha Mahadevan
Molecular connections Pvt. Ltd
Bangalore, India