[bioontology-support] query on new ontology

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 6 17:28:51 PDT 2009

Hi Usha,

Thank you for your inquiry. No permission is necessary to upload an ontology
to BioPortal and ontologies developed in OBO format are supported. With
respect to the cross talk with other ontologies, does this refer to mappings
between the developing cell line ontology and disease and CL ontologies? If
so, these mappings can be represented in BioPortal provided a file
containing the mappings.  As for the project description, that can be added
prior to uploading the ontology file.

Best regards,

Trish

Trish Whetzel, PhD