[bioontology-support] Bioportal

Natasha Noy noy at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 16 16:23:38 PDT 2009

Dear Min,

Thank you for your interest in BioPortal. BioPortal is open-source and
you can install it locally. However, in general you will get more
value and much less maintenance headache if you upload your ontologies
to BioPortal itself. Are there particular reasons why you would like
to have a local installation? If there are some things that we can do
on our side to help you with that, we'll be happy to do it. We update
BioPortal frequently and thus having your own installation will pose
maintenance challenges. We also have extremely limited resources for
technical support.

Natasha