[bioontology-support] Availability of "BioPortal" as published in the NAR Web Server Issue 2009 and survey on bioinformatics web services

Sebastian J. Schultheiss sebi at tuebingen.mpg.de
Fri Aug 7 07:29:03 PDT 2009

Dear fellow researcher,

my name is Sebastian Schultheiss and I am a bioinformatics researcher
at the Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology in Germany.

Together with my students I am conducting research on the
long-term availability of web servers and services in computational biology.

We are interested in your web server or service "BioPortal",
which you published in the Web Server Issue of NAR in 2009, at
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/
We will greatly appreciate you taking the time for answering
six brief, anonymous questions about your web server or service
at the following SurveyMonkey URL:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=EE5enanbxyZUVPmW8U_2b_2f6w_3d_3d
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=EE5enanbxyZUVPmW8U_2b_2f6w_3d_3d>

This e-mail may have been sent to the address of the corresponding
author of the NAR Web Server paper if we did not find a contact
e-mail address on the service web site. If that is the case, feel free
to forward this e-mail to the person directly responsible for running
the web services at your institution.

We are especially interested in the number of users that this service
attracts. Your data will only be used anonymously in a statistic
from which we will derive guidelines for designing attractive,
useful and well-maintained web services.

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you have any questions,
suggestions or concerns. If you would like to be notified when the
data to this survey will be available, please enter your e-mail
address at the end of the survey in the provided field. It will
be stored separately from your answers and used exactly once, to
contact you about the publication of the research data.

Thank you very much for your time!

Sincerely yours,

Sebastian J. Schultheiss
--
Machine Learning in Molecular Biology Research Group
Friedrich Miescher Laboratory of the Max Planck Society and
eMail sebi at tuebingen.mpg.de
phone +49 707 160 1819
homepage http://www.fml.tuebingen.mpg.de/raetsch/members/sebi

Acknowledgements:
This project is supported by the Max Planck Society, Munich, Germany and
funded by the TL Foundation at the University of Tuebingen, Germany.

Sent to: support at bioontology.org