[bioontology-support] BioPortal metadata ontolgy

Todd Detwiler det at u.washington.edu
Wed Aug 12 09:39:17 PDT 2009

Thanks Natasha. Regarding my need for direct access to all the
instances, given your last message (about how to get all ontologies that
are in OWL), I don't really need this access. If it had turned out that
it was a question that I couldn't ask via the service, then I would have
been looking for an alternative access mechanism. I can imagine
operations that would be easier given the instantiated ontology, but so
far nothing I need is inaccessible through the services.

For the moment I am just trying to determine which ontologies we could
potentially provide (extended) SparQL query service for. This will only
work on the OWL ontologies, not those in OBO format.

Cheers,
Todd

Landon Todd Detwiler
Structural Informatics Group (SIG)
Biological Data Integration and Analysis Group (Bio-DIAG)
University of Washington