[bioontology-support] searching concept ids via REST services

Tomasz Adamusiak tomasz at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Aug 13 05:55:22 PDT 2009

Thanks for clarifying that for me. At least in EFO we always map to
concept codes as most ontologies provide them (even if using
human-readable label as the main identifier). Main motivation being that
in theory concept codes should be more stable than labels.

That is why it would be nice to have a dedicated BioPortal REST query
for concept codes, synonyms and text definitions. But as Trish mentioned
that would require extra work from submitters. We can still map concept
codes to labels with an extra properties search, so it's not really a
problem.

Thanks
Tomasz