[bioontology-support] Bioportal REST services

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 26 11:41:23 PDT 2009

Hi Sridevi,

There are example clients in Java and Perl for the Annotator service,
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/Annotator_Client_Examples. The
main difference between that service and the others is that that the
Annotator uses POST (includes additional parameters not specified in the
URL) while the other services are GET requests with all parameters specified
in the URL. In addition, the results from the GET services are returned as
XML, as seen when calling the service via the browser, and will need to be
parsed in the client.

Trish