[bioontology-support] access to individuals and classes

Eamonn Maguire maguire at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Aug 27 01:59:16 PDT 2009

I'm not completely sure what you mean by this since the individuals
will only ever be added beneath a class, no? I assume that by this you
mean that the individuals should only be returned as part of the
result and not the classes themselves, i.e.

in OBI (version 38617), we'd make a search under 'digital entity
(OBI_0000261)' and the result would be:

analytical cytology data file
binary digital entity
binary executable
electronic case report form
electronic case report tabulation
eMedical record
eSource document
text based digital entity

and the class 'digital document' is removed from the result since
you'd only be returning the individuals. is this what you meant?! i
think that this is fine for now, but it would maybe be useful to
reference the parent class of the individual in the XML file returned
if this is not too much effort!

many thanks as always,

eamonn

* 	maguire at ebi.ac.uk