[bioontology-support] Apologies

Eamonn Maguire maguire at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Aug 28 07:48:59 PDT 2009

Only the OWL ontologies, and it was in parallel. I have created a
service with a pool of 4 threads to do this as quickly as possible,
but i didn't expect that to happen since i wasn't performing any real
queries, just fetching ontology files.

The latency being experienced was a result of the time it takes to
classify an ontology using the Pellet reasoner, not anything to do
with bioportal. I have to do this to build the ontology tree for
viewing within the configuration tool. You will see what this looks
like when i send the use-case doc later on! Through using my service,
i can run it whilst packaging up the configuration tool so that the
majority of ontologies will be available for browsing instantly rather
than having to wait for ontologies such as OBI to get classified
(since the large number of axioms cause the reasoner to either run out
of memory or take an extremely long time).

thanks

Eamonn

* 	maguire at ebi.ac.uk
: 	http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~maguire