[bioontology-support] Bioportal REST services

Sridevi Polavaram spolavar at gmu.edu
Sat Aug 29 14:31:48 PDT 2009

Hi Trish:
 I have downloaded the source tar of HttpCore4.0.1 and compiled the jar files. I have the following jar's:
httpcore-4.0.1-sources.jar
httpcore-4.0.1.jar
httpcore-nio-4.0.1-sources.jar
httpcore-nio-4.0.1.jar
I have included them in my application classpath. However, still the following import is not recognized:
import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.GetMethod;

also my client calls are not recognized:
 HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
GetMethod method = new GetMethod(PARENT_URL+inName+"?email=example at example.org");

I am trying to access the hierarchy services as described here:
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_REST_services#Hierarchy_Services

Please let me know if I am missing something.
Thanks
Sridevi