[bioontology-support] Crohn's disease

Natasha Noy noy at stanford.edu
Thu Dec 3 10:10:53 PST 2009

Dear Denis,

You are not doing anything wrong. The problem is on our side:The
search index always uses the latest version, so you get "Crohn's
disease" when you go to the search tool (http://bioportal.bioontology.org/search
). The annotator tool uses a different (expanded) index, but that
index doesn't get updated as frequently as we would have liked. Thus,
currently the version that has been indexed for the Annotator is an
older one, and the concept of "Crohn's disease" did not exist there.
It was introduced only recently. That is why you get no hits when you
go to the Annotator (http://bioportal.bioontology.org/annotator).

We are currently working on fixing this issue and on having the two
indexes in sync. For the moment, however, if it presents a problem for
you, we can manually kick off the indexing of the latest version of
HDO for Annotator. Please, let us know.

Thank you,

Natasha