[bioontology-support] request for NCBO UMLS REST Service

Yalini Senathirajah yalini at dbmi.columbia.edu
Sat Dec 5 07:09:32 PST 2009

Dear REST developers:

I am writing to request access to the NCBO UMLS REST Service. My answers
to the required questions are:

   1. Your organization

Columbia University

   1. Department
   2.

   3. department of Biomedical Informatics
   4. Area of interest

improving EHRs, in this case answering clinician information needs

   1. What kind of research where the REST services will be applied?

Parsing and classifying queries from an online clinical resource text

   1. How did you learned about the UMLS REST Services?

Browsing UMLS website

   1. Do you have an active valid UMLS license?

Yes.

Please contact me at the above address or 646-406-3884 if you have
further questions.  I was wondering if the service is always up - I
tried several of the examples on e.g.
http://ncbolabs-nk2.stanford.edu:8080/umls (linked from the
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/UMLS_REST_Services page)
<http://ncbolabs-nk2.stanford.edu:8080/umls>without success.