[bioontology-support] Feedback

Christian Pich cmpich at cs.uoregon.edu
Mon Dec 14 09:52:34 PST 2009

Hi Trish,

I see, e.g. if you expand the 'anatomical compartment' on the left
legend the sub-terms are displayed underneath which is good. And I can
click on each one and the detail for it appears. I guess I expected the
sub-terms (why do you call them 'Sub Class'?) listed on the 'anatomical
compartment' detail pane on the right to be links to the detail of each
of the sub-terms. Might be good to add those links to make navigation
through the ontology more user-friendly.
Also, I noted that the detail page entries are moving around when
clicking to another detail page. E.g. when on the 'anatomical
compartment' detail page and then I click on 'anterior compartment' the
second column with the values for 'ID, Comment, Xref, etc.' move farther
to the right. It would be nice to keep the formatting to minimize
distraction to the eye.

Just some suggestions,
Thanks.

Christian

Trish Whetzel wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> A request has been submitted to remove the screen transition effect.
>
> All terms do have a separate details page that can be displayed by
> clicking on the term in the tree hierarchy. Is there another page that
> these terms are expected to be displayed on?
>
> Trish
>

> On Dec 11, 2009, at 2:08 PM, admin at bioontology.org wrote:
>
>> Name : Christian Pich
>>
>> Email : cmpich at zfin.org
>>
>> Comment:
>> On the spatial ontology page
>> http://bioportal.bioontology.org/visualize/40827
>> it is quite annoying to fade in and out the screen when you click on
>> a link. It is fun for the first time to watch but after the third
>> time it is just distracting. You want to give a smooth transition as
>> much as possible.
>>
>> Also, why are sub-classes - i.e. terms under a major root term - not
>> listed on a separate page. E.g. Anatomical compartments has 5
>> sub-classes = terms = children, right?

Christian Pich, Ph.D.
University of Oregon
Zebrafish Information Network