[bioontology-support] Problem when using Restful API for Bioportal

yining zhao yining.zhao.85 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 13:11:02 PST 2009

Hello,

My name is Yining Zhao. I'm from the Department of Biomedical Informatics at
University of Pittsburgh. I'm trying to use your Restful API to build an
index for the NCI Thesaurus, and I got a problem. The examples on
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_REST_services work really
well. However, the version of NCI Thesaurus I want to use is 09_05d,
ontology version ID 40377. I constructed some simple queries like:

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/40377/all?email=example@example.org

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/leafpath/40377/Abnormal_Cell?email=example@example.org

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/parents/40377/Abnormal_Connective_and_Soft_Tissue_Cell?email=example@example.org

Those don't work.

On the contrary, this one works fine:
http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/40377/root?email=example@example.org

Please take a look and tell me what is problem. Thank you very much.
By the way, your API is fantastic :)

Cheers,
Yining Zhao