[bioontology-support] Problem when using Restful API for Bioportal

Natasha Noy noy at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 16 18:50:16 PST 2009

Dear Yining,

Sorry -- we should put this on the wiki (it just slipped through the
cracks): the hierarchy services are available only for one version of
the ontology (usually the latest). The term services are available for
all explorable versions.

You are trying to use hierarchy services for an older version of NCIT,
and that is not available.

In case you are curious why this is the case: we build a separate
index with precomputed transitive closure of hierarchy relations to
make the hierarchy services fast. Because of the size of this index,
we keep only one version there.

Do you need specifically hierarchy services for older versions of
NCIT? If yes, can you describe in a bit more detail what you need and
maybe we can help you figure out how to get this information our of
the concept services.

Thank you!

Natasha