[bioontology-support] Need help from BioPortal Support

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 23 16:51:56 PST 2009

Hi Marwa,

The BioPortal web services are RESTful web services. In contrast to
SOAP-based web services, RESTful web services do not have a grammar as found
in a WSDL to describe the service.

To use the BioPortal web services, the service signatures are found on the
wiki page and example XML output can be viewed by clicking on the examples
for each service. There are various ways to parse the returned XML, e.g.
SAX/DOM or Xstream.  I have sample code in Java, using SAX/DOM, that I use
in demos and can send if interested. After the holidays, I can check with
the developers to get sample code using Xstream.

Which services are you interested to use?

Trish

Trish Whetzel, PhD

Outreach Coordinator

Ph: 650-721-2378