[bioontology-support] feature request: Start term

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 00:35:26 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Trish Whetzel <whetzel at stanford.edu> wrote:
> Hmm, on a per user basis or for everyone? There is some work by Peggy Storey
> that may help with the areas of ontology to focus on issue.

I'm concerned about the first time someone lands on the page. Anything
that gives a better entrypoint to browsing than what you get by
currently clicking on the explore link
(http://bioportal.bioontology.org/visualize/39317) - with
obsoleteClass selected - would be an improvement.

Absent automatically showing a better introduction, at least having a
setting in the ontology metadata specifying what the "explore" link
should point to would remedy this situation.

-Alan