[bioontology-support] uploading from protege

Natasha Noy noy at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 5 13:27:36 PST 2009

Unfortunately, BioPortal will not be able to load anything that
Protege 3.4 cannot load. Perhaps you can check on the Protege list
about the error you are getting. Unless you are using some fancy OWL 2
stuff, things should actually be ok.

For collaborative editing, you can use either WebProtege or
Collaborative Protege (which comes with Protege 3.4). In fact, both
the WebProtege client and the collab protege client can talk to the
same server. So, you can have some of your users use the web client
and some use the more advanced desktop client and make changes to the
same ontology at the same time.

But collaboration (and client-server editing for that matter) is
supported only in Protege 3.4 at the moment.

Natasha