[bioontology-support] Flexoviz

Simon Jupp simon.jupp at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Jul 6 08:17:36 PDT 2009

Hi Trish,

Yes, the ontology is related to Kidney and Urinary proteomics and
essentially ties together many existing ontologies already in
BioPortal.  It's not yet mature enough for public consumption, but we
would like to use FlexoViz as an online tool for our consortium
members to visualise and explore the ontology. Is it possible to set
up private/hidden projects within BioPortal?

We have experimented with a few different types of visualisation tools
and although I'm not really convinced these blobs and lines are that
useful for viewing highly axiomatised ontologies, they do provide a
nice bit of eye-candy to the domain experts and the feedback I
received so far is that they preferred (and wanted) to use FlexoViz.
It would be great if you had a standalone version that users could
upload some OWL or OBO into :-).

Cheers
Simon