[bioontology-support] mappings/REST

Alexander Garcia Castro alexgarciac at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 10:59:24 PDT 2009

Thanks for the reply, I have exported some of the available mappings. we are
generating a tool to explore the mappings via a gui based on prefuse
libraries(http://prefuse.org/) -see attached jpg file. We have 3 months to
get this done. one question:

- when I export the RDF with the mapping I dont get the actual relationship
between the ontologies -mappings:relationship. A mapping is a relationship
between two classes that belong to two different ontologies, the mapping is
a relationship of some kind. the definition of that relationship is not
visible. for instance, I cant say class 1 in onto1 is mapped to class 2 in
onto 2 by means of "is equivalent to". the relationship "is equivalent to
may be different, may be anything.
-the comment is not visible either. same is true for authority (BTW what is
authority?).

We have seen this is supported in the DB, it is possibly an omission in the
DB insertion. We could fix this here, but I would like to make sure we are
not wrong on this issue and also that I am coordinated with you.

Thanks in advance, cheers.

PS I am ccing to Omar, he is our bioportal guy. Cheers.