[bioontology-support] Feedback

admin at bioontology.org admin at bioontology.org
Mon Jul 27 14:01:29 PDT 2009

Name : satya sahoo

Email : satyasahoo at ieee.org

Comment:
Parasite Experiment Ontology

We submitted the parasite experiment ontology to NCBO today (07/27/09). We uploaded the OWL file (ParasiteExperimentOntology.owl) as part of the submission process.

We noticed that "Visualize" tool is not parsing the file correctly - the concept  "cell_culture_agent" is displayed as a top-level class along with "process", "data", and "agent".

This is incorrect and does not match with the concept hierarchy displayed in Protege-OWL editor, version 3.3.1 (Build 430), which correctly lists "process", "data" and "agent" as the three top level concepts.

We tried to replace the OWL file by re-uploading the file, but it is now listed as "new version" of the ontology. Hence, please clarify/help:
1. Why the "Visualize" shows the incorrect concept hierarchy?
2. How to delete the one of the two ontology versions?

Thank you.

With Regards,
Satya