[bioontology-support] [bioportal-user-group] BioPortal User Group TCon scheduling

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 12 16:33:29 PDT 2009

Hi David,

To follow-up on this thread I wanted to touch base to see if there are
additional resources, other than PubMed that would useful to add to OBR
(this thread focused on literature resources)? The ones that were mentioned,
Scopus, Web of Science, Google Scholar, are problematic due to licensing
issues. Are these critical to meet your specific aims?

Trish

To help get a better sense of where to go from here, would you characterize
including this resource as nice to have or blocking a specific aim?

It would be "nice" for my part of the project but it might be essential for
David's portion -- I've Cc'ed him.  One of the major concerns is that PubMed
only covers a small portion of the literature that is relevant for
nanomedicine research.  David, can you say a bit more about this and how it
might relate to your knowledgebase aim?

Thanks,

Nathan

Trish