[bioontology-support] UMLS REST Service Access Request

fmason-blakley Fieran.Mason-Blakley at genologics.com
Thu Mar 26 10:50:44 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am interested in trying the UMLS REST service which is advertised at http://www.bioontology.org/tools/UMLS_REST.html

I am currently pursuing my Masters in Computer Science on an
internship at Genologics Life Sciences, a translational research
company in Victoria, BC, Canada.  I work there in the Development
department.  We would like to incorporate this service into a
commercial tool which will provide for semantic interoperability
within a biomedical context.

I learned about the service through bioontology.org after reading A
System for Ontology-Based Annotation
of Biomedical Data by Clement Jonquet, Mark A. Musen, Nigam Shah.

If this is not an appropriate tool for my intended purpose because of
licensing issues or any other problem, maybe we could work out some
kind of compromise.

Regards,

Fieran Mason-Blakley