[bioontology-support] Feedback

admin at bioontology.org admin at bioontology.org
Sun Mar 29 12:47:11 PDT 2009

Name : Barry

Email : Smith

Comment:
When I attempt to filter a search to the Gene Ontology I need to do this three times (for Biological Process, Molecular Function and Cellular Component); can you fix? Also no clue is given to the unitiated reader that these three alternative filters are somehow related to the GO. Can you fix (e.g. by listing them twice, once under 'Biological Process' (etc.), once under 'Gene Ontology: Biological Process'

Is there some reason why, when I query on 'pain' in Biological Process, I do not get terms such as

GO:0050967: detection of electrical stimulus during sensory perception of pain

among the results?
Why are synonyms given in double quotation marks? This seems an odd convention, to me?
BS