[bioontology-support] Feedback

Nigam Shah nigam at stanford.edu
Wed May 6 16:58:53 PDT 2009

Dear Ian,

Attached is a paper that further describes what the annotator does. As
Natasha mentioned, the annotator finds exact matches to terms in
ontologies. "Parkinson" is not an ontology term and hence will not be
recognized as a disease term. This feature is crucial in preventing
false matches. e.g. "Helen Parkinson is a great person to work with"
in the annotator will NOT be tagged with Parkinson's disease.

Regards,
Nigam