[bioontology-support] few queries

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Fri May 8 07:18:24 PDT 2009

Hi Usha,

Regarding not being able to explore the ontology, I looked into a few
things but was not able to resolve the issue and will submit a bug
report to have a developer investigate further.

The mappings included in the ontology file can be represented in
BioPortal by submitting a tab-delimited file containing the the
information below:

-term_id, e.g. GO:100043
-ontology_mapped_to, please include the full name of the ontology
since BioPortal does not require unique namespaces
-ontology_term_mapped_to, e.g. GO:100043
-mapping_type (optional), e.g. equivalent, related, dbxref
-bi_directional(optional). The default is that mappings are in one
direction, however if the mapping is bi-directional then we will
create the reciprocal mapping.

Trish

On May 8, 2009, at 5:58 AM, usha wrote:

> Early this week we submitted a cell line ontology in Bioportal.  It
> is posted in the browse library.  We have two queries regarding this.
>
> 1.  We are unable to use the explore option.
> 2.  We would like to know the process for depicting mappings.
>

> Kindly clarify these queries
>
> Thanks,
> Usha Mahadevan
>

> --