[bioontology-support] searching concept ids via REST services

Tomasz Adamusiak tomasz at ebi.ac.uk
Thu May 28 04:36:03 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'd like to use BioPortal WS to search for concept ids. So the following
query will find a reference to DOID:9778 in the Experimental Factor
Ontology, but will not bring up the actual record in Disesase Ontology:

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/search/DOID%239778/?includeproperties=1&email=tomasz@ebi.ac.uk

I guess to get to the actual concept I need a separate query like this:
http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/virtual/1009/DOID:9778/?email=tomasz@ebi.ac.uk

The disadvantage of the latter approach is that I need to know the
ontology id, the concept is coming from, beforehand. Is there a way
around this?

Cheers
Tomasz

--