[bioontology-support] [bioportal-user-group] categories partially broken

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 2 16:54:19 PST 2009

Hi Hilmar,

I have updated the 'Amphibian taxonomy' classification to include the
category 'Taxonomic classification' and loaded this ontology so that
it is local to BioPortal and content accessible via the web services.
For the Teleost taxonomy ontology, it looks like this ontology is
pulled from the OBO CVS repository and if so should include the
category Taxonomic classification. I am checking with Michael Dorf,
the Chief Software Architect of NCBO, on this.

As for the other ontologies, these were submitted and categorized by
the ontology submitters. However, based on review of ICNP, it is
possible that the next term in the list 'Vocabularies' was the
intended category and can check on that. I am also checking with the
developers of SSO on some items and will ask about the categorization.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Trish