[bioontology-support] Feedback

Natasha Noy noy at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 3 10:21:46 PST 2009

Dear Jane,

Which browser are you using? I do seem to have plenty of whitespace in
my Safari browser.

That sad, the problem mostly lies in the way BFO authors chose to use
the same property (rdfs: comment) to represent different elements of
the class description (mainly, comment, example, definition). As it
happens, those strings ("Comment:", "Examples:", "Definition") are
simply part of the value for that property and thus there is no way
for BioPortal to split those up. The ontology authors have also put
[snap:xxx] as part of those strings.

You might want to bring it up with the BFO authors -- I think they
know there is a problem in the way they use rdfs:comment but the more
feedback they get from the community the more likely they are to
change it :)

Natasha