[bioontology-support] Than again...there is a bug...

Chris Callendar chriscallendar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 18:03:43 PST 2009

Hi Doug,

At the moment the graph viewer only shows the definition for the current
term (whatever was selected in the tree on the left).  The reason for this
is because the backend services only provides the definition for the current
term, not for the parents or the children of the current term. In order to
get the definitions (and all other properties) for all the terms displayed
in the visualization I would have to make one call to the server for each
term which would take too long.

Natasha suggested that in the future we might be able to have a different
service that would provide all the details in one call which would eliminate
this problem.

As a workaround if you right click on a concept in the graph and choose
Properties then you'll get the full details.  After you've done that then
the tooltip will contain the definition too.

Also, regarding your other question about the bug you noticed while
searching in the graph viewer and selecting "Show Hierarchy To Root", that
has now been fixed.

Thanks for the feedback,
Chris Callendar
The Chisel Group