[bioontology-support] Bioportal mappings

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 11 20:08:42 PST 2009

In addition, the mappings can also be accessed via the BioPortal web
services. Here is the link for the mapping web service, although
please note that this is a prototype web service and the access
signature and/or output may change when the web service is moved to
the production infrastructure: http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_REST_services#Mapping_Service
. If you are interested in this method of access, I can send you Perl
code to use with this web service.

Cheers,
Trish

On Nov 11, 2009, at 2:06 PM, Natasha Noy wrote:

> Dear Quentin,
>
> You should be able to download the ontologies themselves by clicking
> on the ontology name -- that takes you to the page with the download
> links. For the two ontologies that you listed, that would be:
> http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/13352
> http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/13356
>
> For the mappings, go to
> http://bioportal.bioontology.org/mappings
> select the set of mappings that you need, by selecting the
> ontologies, and then click on "Export".
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Natasha
>

> On Nov 11, 2009, at 6:24 AM, Quentin Reul wrote:
>
>> Dear Sir/Madam,
>>
>> I'm a PhD student focusing on ontology mapping. I have looked at
>> the website and I'm interested in several ontologies (e.g. Human
>> Developmental Anatomy, Abstract and Timed) and their mappings.
>> However, I'm unable to download the information from the website.
>>
>> Would you be able to advise on this problem?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Quentin
>>
>> ============================
>> Quentin Reul