[bioontology-support] [bioontology-info] Mappings

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 25 03:20:19 PST 2009

Hi Robin,

There is a prototype tool that we are working on called the Ontology
Recommender. Documentation is available at: http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/Ontology_Recommender_Web_service
  and this includes links to the service. Let us know if you have any
questions.

Best regards,
Trish

On Nov 23, 2009, at 8:58 AM, Smith, Robin wrote:

> To Whom it May Concern,
>
> My name is Robin Smith and I'm a postdoc at the University of
> Miami.  We've been using the NCBO Annotator web service recently to
> annotate a large cheminformatics database and have gotten some great
> data out of it.
>
> I was wondering whether you could provide us with an XML/tab
> delimited file,  similar to http://ncbolabs-dev2.stanford.edu:8080/OBS_v1/obs/ontologies
>  , in which the total number of annotations for each ontology is
> listed.  We've been noticing that some ontologies, such NCI and
> SNOMED, provide almost too many annotations, and it would be helpful
> to be able to normalize to see which ontologies describe our data
> set the best.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robin

Trish Whetzel, PhD