[bioontology-support] Requirements for Notes - BRO-Biositemaps

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 25 21:50:14 PDT 2009

[From Chuck Borromeo, borromeocd at upmc.edu]

With regards to adding and maintaining the prefLabels, I like the idea
of a "submission form".  I think it may be too much of a burden to ask
a team of curators to meet periodically to change the BRO.  I think we
could benefit from a public "wikipedia"-ish approach using the
submission form.  The following steps could be used:

1.  A user proposes a new BRO term using the submission form (we need
to define what fields are required for a new BRO term)
2.  The new BRO term is stored in a database for review
3.  A team of BRO curators decides that there are enough new terms to
warrant a "curation meeting"
4.  Part of the curation meeting involves contacting the people
proposing the new terms to resolve any questions.
5.  After the "curation meeting" a new version of the BRO is released
to BioPortal.

I think the following fields would be required for the submission form
-new term URI
-prefLabel
-definition
-contact information (for contact during the curation process)
-comment
-SubClassOf