[bioontology-support] problem using flexviz

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 8 22:58:13 PDT 2010

Hi Doug,

Thank you for the detailed error report. Generally, this problem can
be resolved by using the virtual ontology identifier in the URL with
the parameter virtual=true as follows:
http://keg.cs.uvic.ca/ncbo/flexviz/FlexoViz.html?nodeid=GO%3A0007512&ontology=1070&virtual=true
The reason this error occurred is because not all versions of all
ontologies are 'explorable' or able to be visualized, this version
falls into this category. However, there appears to be an additional
problem related to visualizing GO using the virtual ontology
identifier and has been reported as a bug.

Trish

On Apr 8, 2010, at 12:02 PM, Doug Howe wrote:

> Hi,
>   I used to be able to use a link like this:
> http://keg.cs.uvic.ca/ncbo/flexviz/FlexoViz.html?ontology=40775&nodeid=GO:0007512
>
> to view GO terms using FlexViz, but for a while now it seems to have
> stopped working, and instead reports that no term could be found.
> Is this a problem on my end or yours?
>

> Here are some details:
>
> Version:          v2.2.2, December 11th, 2009
> Operating System: Mac OS 10.5.8
> Flash Version:    MAC 10,0,32,18
> Flash Parameters:
> v=2.3.2&nodeid=&ontology=&virtual=false&redirecturl=&server=
> Browser URL:      http://keg.cs.uvic.ca/ncbo/flexviz/FlexoViz.html?ontology=40775&nodeid=GO:0007512#
>

> Here is what is in the error window in flexviz when I try to search
> for a GO term:
> 8/04/2010 11:59:35 AM  [RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error"
> faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent
> type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2
> text="Error #2032"]. URL: http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/40775/GO%3A0007512?applicationid=7jf77k32-3386-8122-293f-uk5rmnb322nn&email=flexviz@uvic.ca
> "]
> 8/04/2010 11:59:35 AM  Error: Couldn't find a concept with id 'GO:
> 0007512' in the ontology 'Gene Ontology'.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Doug Howe, Ph.D.
> Scientific Curator
> Zebrafish Information Network