[bioontology-support] Feedback

admin at bioontology.org admin at bioontology.org
Wed Apr 14 04:08:40 PDT 2010

Name : Mark Woodbridge

Email : m.woodbridge at imperial.ac.uk

Comment:
Hi,

I'm trying to use the Annotator to identify ontology terms in free text. I'm not sure whether it is suitable for this use case, but I started with something simple:

curl -d "textToAnnotate=river+bank&ontologiesToKeepInResult=42277&longestOnly=true&withSynonyms=false" -s "http://rest.bioontology.org/obs/annotator"

i.e. I would like to search the Environment Ontology for "river bank" (ENVO:00000143). This seems to return "bar" (a synonym which I tried to exclude using the withSynonyms parameter) and "bank" but not "river bank".

Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark.