[bioontology-support] reg. bioportal webservices

Sridevi Polavaram spolavar at gmu.edu
Wed Apr 21 11:23:16 PDT 2010

Hi Trish,
  I have made a lighter version of NCBI taxonomy ontology based on the
species we have in NeuroMorpho.Org and I am doing some quality control
testing on this. My question is, can I upload this new ontology on to
bioportal? but I prefer that it is not accessible to the public, as it
is not yet ready.
My second question is, irrespective of whether I can or cannot upload my
new obo ontology into a private space, how soon can I expect to use the
bioportal web services especially fill in a field in your form aka auto
completion feature and the viusalization feature options that you have
for the ontology widgets. I want to use my own version of ontology for
these two services. Please let me know how much time should it take to
do this, if at all possible.
Thanks
Sridevi