[bioontology-support] reg. bioportal webservices

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 21 12:30:12 PDT 2010

Hi Sridevi,

We do have a Staging environment that we can test upload the file,
however at the moment we are also in the process of pushing new code
to this server so it may not be as accessible as usual. Would you mind
sending me the file and I will coordinate with folks here to upload
this to the Stage server?

Once the final file is generated, it can be uploaded to BioPortal as a
"view" [1] or subset of the NCBI taxonomy and after processing the
ontology file, within a few hours, it will be accessible for use via
the widgets and Web services.

Cheers,
Trish

[1] http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/38802#views

On Apr 21, 2010, at 11:23 AM, Sridevi Polavaram wrote:

> Hi Trish,
> I have made a lighter version of NCBI taxonomy ontology based on the
> species we have in NeuroMorpho.Org and I am doing some quality
> control testing on this. My question is, can I upload this new
> ontology on to bioportal? but I prefer that it is not accessible to
> the public, as it is not yet ready.
> My second question is, irrespective of whether I can or cannot
> upload my new obo ontology into a private space, how soon can I
> expect to use the bioportal web services especially fill in a field
> in your form aka auto completion feature and the viusalization
> feature options that you have for the ontology widgets. I want to
> use my own version of ontology for these two services. Please let me
> know how much time should it take to do this, if at all possible.
> Thanks
> Sridevi

Trish Whetzel, PhD
Outreach Coordinator