[bioontology-support] [bioontology-info] bioportal

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 23 14:45:40 PDT 2010

Dear Medha,

I re-ran the query using the term 'melanoma' from all available
ontologies that contain this term across all resources and was able to
get results. However, since the user interface is still at alpha there
are times when accessing the Resource Index via the interface at: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/resources
  may give errors.

Currently, for best access to the Resource Index, please use the test
HTML page at: http://rest.bioontology.org/resource_index/test.
Additional information, along with a link to the web service user
guide, can be found at: http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/Resource_Index
.

Please let us know if you would like a demo of the tool and/or would
like to discuss how it can be used within your projects.

Best regards,
Trish

On Apr 23, 2010, at 12:06 PM, Bhagwat, Medha (NIH/OD/ORS) [E] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently heard Mark Musen's talk and learnt that Bioportal can be
> used to search various resources such as expression datasets.  I
> tried using
>
> http://bioportal.bioontology.org/resources
>
> Today, I get request timed out message in the beginning even before
> typing any query.
> earlier, I had searched with term melanoma.  I don't get any results
> and but get the timed out message.
>
> Can you help?
>
> Medha
>
> _____________________________