[bioontology-support] Display error in BioPortal. Re: Automatic ontology pull

Yongqun He yongqunh at med.umich.edu
Sun Apr 25 15:53:45 PDT 2010

Hi Trish,

I am glad to hear from you again. It appears that VO is displayed well in BioPortal. One note is that some terms like obo:OBI_0000047 (processed material) and CHEBI:CHEBI_23367 (molecular entity) do not show the labels. I am not sure why.

Also, recently I submitted another ontology AEO: Adverse Event Ontology to BioPortal. Can I also use the automatic update mechanism?

Thanks!
Oliver

>>> Trish Whetzel <whetzel at stanford.edu> 4/25/2010 3:00 PM >>>
Hi Oliver,

I am writing to update you on a few items related to BioPortal and the
Vaccine ontology.  In cases where the hierarchy is displayed as a flat
list, we have found that this is due to one of the imported ontologies
not being available via the web at the time of loading the Vaccine
ontology. We are able to correct the display if an imported ontology
is not accessible via the web when loading VO and are monitoring new
uploads of VO.

We have also generated PURLs that can be used to refer to ontologies
in BioPortal. For VO, this is http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/VO
and will resolve to the 'visualize' page of the latest version of VO
loaded into BioPortal.

Best regards,