[bioontology-support] [bioportal-announce] BioPortal 2.5 Released

Alejandra Gonzalez Beltran a.gonzalezbeltran at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Sun Aug 8 03:05:53 PDT 2010

Dear Trish and/or BioPortal support,

I am writing to you with respect to BioPortal and in particular, the
BioPortal metadata.

I have been read your paper [1] and the information I found online on the
BioPortal website and the NCBO wiki, about the different functionalities on
the website and REST services.

In particular, I am interested in the metadata maintained for each of the
ontologies and read the information at
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_Metadata and I am
investigating the BioPortalMetadata.owl.

I have not found how I could retrieve the metadata for a particular
ontology. Could you please point me to documentation about that? I would
like to be able to retrieve the individuals for the BioPortalMetadata
ontology for each ontology available in BioPortal.

Also, I would like to understand better how you deal with the mappings
between ontologies. I have been looking at mappings.rdfs, the mappings
through the web interface and the REST service retrieving the mappings. For
example, I would like to have more information on the relationship types. Is
there any documentation describing mappings.rdfs?

Best regards,

Alejandra

[1] Nucleic Acids Research, 2009, Vol. 37. Web Server Issue.

 --
Alejandra González-Beltrán, PhD
Wolfson Institute of Biomedical Research & Department of Computer Science

E-mail: A.GonzalezBeltran at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 0975 (Direct Dial)
Internal:  40975
Fax:  +44 (0)20 7209 0470