[bioontology-support] [bioportal-announce] BioPortal 2.5 Released

Natasha F. Noy noy at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 9 10:59:12 PDT 2010

Dear Alejandra,

We are not providing public access to the instances themselves, mostly
for security reasons. Of course you can access all the information
that we store in those instances through our REST services for
accessing ontologies:
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_REST_services#Services_to_access_ontologies_and_ontology_versions

Can I ask you why do you need the instances?

Also, on the error that you are getting when trying to open
BioPortalMetadata.owl: which tool are you using? Note that the file is
RDF/OWL 1 file.

On the mappings: take a look at a page that we recently added to our
wiki:
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_Mappings

Hope this helps.

Natasha