[bioontology-support] Annotator help request

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 9 22:38:23 PDT 2010

Hi Joey,

I confirmed with Nigam that relations other than is_a are no longer
returned from the closure. This change was implemented due to errors
that occur when the closure was conflated with relations other than
the is_a relations.  Since the closure was intended to only include
is_a, can you expand on the need for including part_of?

PS - feel free to call if you prefer to discuss via phone

On Aug 4, 2010, at 12:50 PM, Joey Geiger wrote:

> On Aug 4, 2010, at 2:08 PM, Trish Whetzel wrote:
>
>> Hi Joey,
>>
>> Is there a specific change with an is_a closure that you are getting?
>>
>> Trish
>>

> Based on previous runs, I have "adult mouse" as a closure annotation
> in my system.
>
> When i look at this term in the visualized version of the ontology,
> it isn't part of any "is_a" connections. It seems that at one point
> there was a difference that let that term be considered an "is_a"
> closure for something.
>
> adult mouse
> http://bioportal.bioontology.org/visualize/42571/?conceptid=MA%3A0000026#visualization
>
> anatomic region