[bioontology-support] Annotator help request

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 11 20:16:56 PDT 2010

Hi Jeff,

Below is information on how often items can change for the Annotator
Web service:
- The list of ontologies can change weekly if new ontologies are
uploaded to BioPortal.

- The list of semantic types may change quarterly corresponding to new
releases of UMLS.

- Ontologies are not generally removed from the Annotator. However
there has been the rare case in the last 1.5 years in which the
ontology authors consolidated four species specific ontologies into
one ontology. As for removing semantic types, I am not aware that
semantic types are removed.

With respect to the Resource Index Web service, I'm checking with the
development team on those questions and expect to hear back tomorrow.
However, we do announce any upcoming changes to the Web service
signature or XML output (including additions of new XML elements) and
provide a period of time to allow developers to update their code and
test it against our staging server.

Best regards,
Trish

Trish Whetzel, PhD