[bioontology-support] OBOE

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 18 17:40:50 PDT 2010

  Ben,

We noticed that you have recently tried to submit OBOE and OBOE-SDC to
BioPortal and likely encountered an error. Due to a recently-resolved
bug we've been able to process your request. You can see your ontologies
in BioPortal here:

The two ontologies obviously have some differences, but it looks like
one is perhaps an extended version of another. Generally we handle
extensions like this by creating a "view" on the ontology that's being
extended. For example, Gene Ontology has several views associated with
it (http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/44308#views).

Views are generally treated the same as other ontologies in BioPortal,
but they won't be processed by the Annotator and Resource Index and they
won't appear individually in our main ontology list. Could you let us
know how you'd like these handled?

Thanks! Sorry for any inconvenience and please let me know if you have
any questions.

Paul R Alexander
Web / UI Developer
NCBO BioPortal <http://bioportal.bioontology.org>