[bioontology-support] How do I get the child nodes for the Meddra ontology

Eamonn Maguire eamonnmag at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 08:01:47 PST 2010

Hello,

First of all, thanks for indexing the latest version of SnoMed!

So now I am able to get the hieracrchy services working for pretty much
every ontology apart from Meddra & SnoMed. Although, I'm noticing that these
are in a format called RRF, so perhaps this is where the problem is coming
from. I can get the root terms in the ontology ok, but when I attempt to get
the children for a node, I get nothing back, e.g.

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/children/42280/10005329?level=1

I've attached screenshots showing how Every root node of the ontology is
depicted as a leaf node (since it can't find any children under them).

If one of you could tell me how to properly query these ontologies using the
hierarchy services, I'd be really grateful!

Thanks,

Eamonn

Eamonn Maguire
Lead Engineer - ISA tools <http://www.isa-tools.org>

University of Oxford		Tel: +44(0)1865 610788
Oxford e-Research Center
7 Keble Road, Oxford		skype: maguire1986
OX1 3QG, UK