[bioontology-support] Diabetes in MP

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 21:40:29 PST 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Trish Whetzel <whetzel at stanford.edu> wrote:
> The term details panel now displays the property Is Obsolete with value true for obsolete terms, e.g.
> http://bioportal.bioontology.org/visualize/44953/?conceptid=MP%3A0002055

Verified.
Now the question is whether obsolete terms should come up in the
global search across all ontologies. I would think that is, in
general, undesirable.
OBI renames the terms with the prefix "obsolete_" to make sure that
there's no chance for confusion, but I think that either a) Ontologies
should be able to choose whether or not obsolete terms show up in the
various kinds of search (e.g would the term be used by the annotator)
or there should be a checkbox, default unchecked, that says "include
obsolete terms in search results".

-Alan